Legate Pax Sytan Fiac, Legate Fafnier Brangwin, Vigiles Folodu Amrunrosse, Vigiles Akhutai Ssarathi
Basic Alignment: Neutral
City Affiliations: Maj'Dul, Gorowyn.
Guild Roleplay Style: Medium (Heavy when we're playing, but Real Life comes first)
Guild Heraldry: Crimson field with three swords in gold, and a gold border of vines
|Vigiles Heraldry, |
with the brocade texture
we will add at the appropriate level.
Small, heavily warded trade hall in Gorowyn. (T1 guild hall). Houses a permanent Gate to the Champions' Quarter in Maj'Dul.
Gorowyn Facilities include:
- Extensive offices
- Supply depots and banking facilities
- Export Agent and marketboard
- Tradescrafter's warehouse and fabrication facility
- Extensive private housing and barracks
- Rare mechamagical pipe organ
- Fully appointed public bath with screened dressing rooms and varied pools
- Public sparring room
- COMING SOON: Vigiles Halls Auxiliary
This building project will offer a "hall of doors" to connect the Amicae prestige housing directly to the existing residence halls, and expand the open barracks for guests and newcomers. It will be equipped with an outdoor shrine, as well as the most modern mechamagical tinkervators extending access all the way to the Gorowyn docks. There is also a large kitchen, private distillery and diverse larder, long feasting tables in the refectory, a gaming lounge and light reading archive, and a salle for the excercise and honing of combat skills.
Champions' Quarter includes:
- A fleet of Enchanted Carpets
Traverse the wide world of Norrath from the security of the Vigiles' facilities in Maj'Dul, where your travels will not be noticed - unless you want them to be.
- Spirit attunement
Ensure that in case of injury or other need, that you will return home to your comrades.
- Pennant of Skyshrine Loyalty
The droag of Skyshrine have offered a fixed Gate to the Vigiles in thanks for our contributions to their efforts at self-determination.
- Shimmering Carpet
The intensely enchanted round carpet salvaged from the djinn palace which had once offered serious threat to Maj'Dul now allows the Vigiles to return to the Citadel for further training.
- Whisper Column
Explore the realms of the spirits from the safe haven of the Vigiles temple and trophy hall.
- Legate's Archive: A growing library full of copies of the most important surviving works of history, memoir, folklore and magic, as well as a display of many important artifacts from the Vigiles' military triumphs.
- High Council offices and briefing room
- Temple to the Fallen
- Sickbay:A fully appointed, extensive medical facility equipped to handle combat trauma and chronic conditions as well. Major amenities include comfortable waiting rooms, a healing garden, a secure pharmacy, accessible and semi-private offices for the medical staff, two emergency trauma rooms, Critical and Intensive Care wards designed to accommodate all sentient races, and three magically warded isolation units with magical and mechanical filters for quarantine and recovery in special cases.
Planned improvements include a pool and sauna.
- Thurgadin EmbassyA permanent Gate has finally been cleared for general use, allowing the Vigiles to travel with relative ease to our Embassy at the far edge of the world. Construction is still underway in the area ceded to us by the Coldain, but the accommodations will be open to public use shortly.
- Valacor's Uncanny EstateHeavily warded, Valacor's estate in Faydwer encompasses a comfortable private tavern for small gatherings.
- COMING SOON: The Heroes' Reclaimed Palace
This building project will make it possible to cross directly to the Maj'Dul Estate grounds below the Court of Champions through the gates of the fortress, instead of crossing to the Housing portal. (RPly, Ariahdnia's Maj'dul Estate and Folodu's Affluent Maj'Dul house are both well within the Maj'Dul grounds of the Vigiles' facilities)
ROLE IN NORRATH:
Watchers of Timorous official record reads as follows:
Ariahdnia Z'Ress Do'Trinae registered mercenary and trading company Vigiles Amicae with the Primary of Gorowyn, recorded as Praetor.
Second in command registered as one Sytan Fiac, also Teir'dal.
Official evaluation of Company:
Primarily trading House, assumed traditional Teir' out of favor with Cristanos or other political elite. Generally quiet: occasional social disturbances near sellers of spirits, and a short history of potential actions or complaints involving Nerian, Qeynosian, and Freeportian Companies, all marked resolved with no legal or military action. Further details classified Security Clearance P-A3 or higher.
Updates to the record:
Official sanction granted to establish limited operations in the residential aerie, 18 Grayeven, year 3400 of the Age of Velious.
Secondary contact point for Vigiles Amicae registered as Court of Truth, Maj'Dul, 12 ScorchedSky, year 3500 of the Age of Velious.
Sanction granted per good record of Amicae to expand operations into official trade quarters of City and attune a private Gate not connected to City nodes, 10 Harvesthome, year 3700 of the Age of Velious.
Commendation for Praetor of Vigiles keeping Company in Good Standing with the City despite incursions by foreign political and piratical forces. Ranks assessed, granted equivalent and proper Sarnak titles and attendant privileges. Praetor to be considered henceforth of Primary rank in addressing remarks to the Gorowyn governing council: 5 Lastleaf, year 5 of the Age of Destiny.
Sanction granted to expand private wards to barracks extension of Gorowyn facilities, in return for enhanced fire-prevention wards for the entire residential Aerie, to be maintained every quatrain, negotiated Frostfell, year 3500 of the Age of Destiny.
Once, we were all refugees.
Whatever tyranny or danger we had faced, we had survived to see another mark, another day-cycle, another season, another year.
We swore vengeance, we swore memory, we swore our hearts and hands to survive and to fight.
We, who have survived, we See you.
We know your path and your challenge, even if we do not yet know you, for we have been on that trail, alone.
We have known that trudging back from the battle, wondering what will be at the end of that road, and questioning the virtue of every tortured step.
We say to you: the time is done for walking alone.
You have sought a haven, a refuge, a place of rest and healing.
We welcome you among us:
Stand behind our shields, and we will raise our hands together to defend you.
You have sought a cause that has meaning, that has value beyond mere gold and mortality.
We welcome you among us:
Stand beside us and together let us raise our hands to protect those who need it, and bring judgment or release to those who need that.
You have sought a shield-mate, an ally to stand beside you, to help you on your path.
We welcome you among us:
Stand before us, and swear your hand to ours, and receive ours in return.
You have sought a lesson, a tool, armor, arms, or aid.
We welcome you among us:
Stand with us, and our strength and wisdom together shall be greater than the sum of all we had alone.
Pragmatic and Discreet - some Amicae are more sociable than others, but civility is the rule among them.
The world is large and hostile - a profitable thing only with allies at your side. Safety is offered to those who have the courage to seek it, whether they are pursued by mortals, demons, gods, or their own past: yet refuge must remain forever beyond the grasp of those who harbor the heart of a tyrant.
GUILD ALLIES or ENEMIES:
- Faction: City of Gorowyn
- Faction: Allied Guild: Gorowyn Militia
- Faction: Citizens of Maj'Dul
- Faction: Sultanate of Maj'Dul
COMMON RUMOR(S) ABOUT THIS GUILD:
- Rumor: Investigation of Amicae for suspicion of harboring dangerous fugitives from Freeport. Investigation closed, contents of case file classified.
- Rumor: Investigation of Amicae for suspicion of harboring dangerous criminals, sabotoeurs, and seditionists from Qeynos. Investigation closed, contents of case file classified.
- Rumor: The working and poor classes in the larger cities can be heard muttering about haven and liberty. These conversations echo with the slogan "Strength in Unity", but rarely its common counterpart.
The Vigiles Amicae is a medium-heavy rp guild that allows for a variety of martial and civilian rp concepts. There are no restrictions by race, class, religion, or city of origin. There is a civilian core, with a military guard drawn from the inner ranks, and sometimes supplemented by trusted allies. The guards often take small mercenary contracts as training exercises and to enrich the wealth and standing of the whole. We are a mature guild, and deal with mature topics, though all members are required to keep public channels rated R. The writ expressly forbids slavery, as well as violence between Amicae outside of the sparring ring.
How to Join:
Interested in joining a growing guild that doesn't have a centralized crusade? Speak to an officer or look for us in the Guild Window.
What do we require to join?
- Be 18+. As a guild and as individual characters we like to write stories that handle heavy themes and complex motivations/ethics. Both IC and OOC interaction often contains mature content: language, violence, sexuality, religion, political philosophy... It is recommended for a full experience that characters be 18+ as well, though under-age characters may be brought in on civilian status if their age is clearly marked. Note that these characters will be excluded from conversations and scenes handling mature material at the officers' discretion.
- Have a sense of humor. Know how to take a joke, or the joke will take you. Being ~too~ serious about anything will only hurt your own happiness. That said - bigoted speech isn't funny. It's just sad.
- Real Life Comes First. No drama. We play the game to have fun and write stories ~together~. Have as much drama and intrigue as you want (and fellow players agree to!) in character, but remember real life and roleplay are separate.
- Respect the players. Within the Amicae no character is permitted to attack another Amicae for their race/gender/religion/class, and no such insults in real life will be permitted among guildmates. Swearing is permissible, but language which has its basis in denigration or oppression of any group will invoke discipline. Likewise, no discrimination based on account level will be tolerated.
- Respect the stories. Invite people to play with you, but don't force your character or story on anyone ( in or out of guild) if they're not cool with it. Also, agree on duel methods ahead of time out of character. Roll method is recommended.
- You are responsible for your RP. You have agency in your RP - don't let another player dictate your story, and don't rely on another player to write you into their story for you. The guild is not responsible for your RP - you are.
- The RP rules are part of the concept of the guild. If those rules don't work for the character you want to play, maybe that character's not a good fit for the Vigiles - and that's ok! The intention is to have a fluid, flexible structure that many varied characters and stories can flourish in, but your freedom ends at the tip of someone else's nose. We look forward to meeting you!