(still under construction)
The in-character concept of the Vigiles Amicae also applies to the relations between the players themselves: we're about watching each others' backs and putting the good of all ahead of the good of the one, or the few. Below, in no particular order, are the rules for player conduct within Vigiles Amicae.
- Real Life Comes First. Always, and forever.
- No drama. It's just a game, and we play to have fun. Have as much drama and intrigue as you want (and fellow players agree to!) in character, but remember real life and roleplay are separate.
- Respect the players. Just as within the Amicae no character is permitted to attack another Amicae for their race/gender/religion/class, no such insults in real life will be permitted among guildmates. Likewise, no discrimination based on account level will be tolerated.
- Respect the stories. Invite people to play with you, but don't force your character or story on anyone if they're not cool with it. Also, agree on duel methods ahead of time out of character. Roll method is recommended.
- The RP rules are there for a reason, and they are part of the concept of the guild. If those rules don't work for the character you want to play, maybe that character's not a good fit for the Vigiles. The intention is to have a fluid, flexible structure that many varied characters and stories can flourish in, but your freedom ends at the tip of someone else's nose.
- Remember your actions ic and ooc will reflect on the guild - treat other players with respect whether they're guild-mates or not.
-Need before greed - that goes for loot and mobs both.
- Obey the EULA.
- Have Fun!
Note on long absences - please let us know if you can, just so we don't worry, but no one's going to be removed for not logging on. Be aware that absence during an active story may cause other characters to move on as if your character is Missing In Action. Checking in once a week is generally advised for RP purposes, but is only required for Officers.
Yes, you are held to an even higher standard of behavior. You are a walking example. Violations of rules in an officer will be dealt with more severely. You're also asked to actively provide training, guidance, and help maintain the fun, active environment through rp and hunting events.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
~ Vigiles Amicae Service Record ~
~ Available to all sworn Amicae ~
Name: Sytan Finn
Rank, specialty, auxiliary: Legate Auxilus Pax, Guardian, Carpenter
Age: Appears to be 40 in human terms.
Race: Appears to be Aganos'elionuannon / Ayr'Dal, Halfelf
Description and/or portrait:
A medium olive or ashen skintone over a thin frame and perpetually slouched shoulders. His face is etched deep with worry lines and is set in almost a continuous frown, a scar marring his cheek. He can typically be found in dark, somber robes.
Sidhen Finn at Leisure by j-giraud on deviantART
Staff fighting, histories, diplomacy, magical theory Proficient: Unarmed combat, light arms, medium arms, pole arms, staff, terrain, research, magic theory, energy storage, carpentry, needlepoint, diplomacy, field survival. Weaknesses: Diplomacy
Service Record & Events of Note:
Previous known Aliases: Legate Auxilus Pax Sytan Finn, Diplomat Sytan of Argentum Circuli. Previous records suggest no previous positions held.
-Hunter of Gnolls
-Hunter of Skeletons
-Hunter of Goblins
-Hunter of Orcs
-Hunter of Zombies